Tuesday, August 21, 2007

wild beauty

I am back from Switzerland! Man, I did not know, but that country is sooooo beautiful. When I was a kid, I had to go hiking with my parents, and I often didn't like it. (I mean, when I was small, it was fun, but then is that time, everything you do with your parents is just stupid). I didn't see why everybody thought the mountains were amazing. For me it was just a pain to get up so early in the morning, to go hiking (especially when I was out late); and why on earth would you climb on them anyway? You walk up there and then you walk down, you get blisters and musclepain and things like that.
And now I was there, having trainrides through the alps, hiking along a glacier, sleeping in a tent, seeing huge snowcapped mountaintops, swimming in icecold rivers or in warm lakes, eating swiss cheese and chocolate, drinking sparkling water from a fountain and fresh water from a creek, seeing small beautiful flowers and wild animals, hiking along waterfalls, trying to fathom those mountains...you cannot! The only thing I could do was to enjoy, to have fun and to be amazed about our God, who created so much wild beauty.

No comments: