Monday, June 12, 2006

explaination

so, after a lot of questions about becoming a dutchie, I will explain...I am (and have always been and will always be) half dutch, because my father is a dutchie. So, when I was born, I had a dutch passport. After 19 years of being dutch, I had to do a job for school in switzerland, and they freaked out, because they needed a swiss person or (as a exception) someone from liechtenstein, for sure no foreigner, because of some stupid regulations. so I had to apply for a liechtenstein passport. But then the dutchies told me that I lost my dutch nationality, because for them it is either or, you couldn't have 2 nationalities. But now, they have a new law, which allows people like me, to get a dutch and a liechtenstein passport...whohoooo.... so, anyone doubting I have a complicated live?

2 comments:

oh my everything!!! said...

heehee. thanks for the explanation, cecilia...glad to know that there will be no more doubt about your double nationalities! ;)

Anonymous said...

you are becoming dutch... and you also became one year older!!
All the best!