Thursday, June 01, 2006

becoming a dutchie

is quite some work...I was running around, paying a lot to get all the papers, went to bern (capital of switzerland with a dutch ambassy) to find out that one of my papers is not good enough...so I will go tomorrow to vaduz (capital of liechtenstein, no dutch ambassy) to make this paper somehow good enough and send it to them in bern...and after all that running around and getting what they want I have to pay a lot to get my dutch nationality back...welcome to the dutch world :-) or is it just the world of bürokratie (anyone knows that word in english??)

4 comments:

Nynke said...

I think it's spelled bureaucracy. And I hate it. I once thought about getting a t-shirt that says: "death to bureaucracy" but I thought that might be bit too radical!
Anyway; I hope you'll become a dutchie soon. Love you!

Elke said...

Does becoming a Dutchie mean that you will be coming back to Dutchieland?

oh my everything!!! said...

why are you becoming a dutchie?

nynke--a perfect score for your spelling. :)

Matt and Katia said...

You're becoming a Dutchie? And no longer liechtensteinian? That's sad! Then I won't have a liechtensteinian friend any more and just another dutchie, and I already have a lot of those. :0(

Maybe I should now become liechtensteinian...