isn't it funny, that we try sooo hard, to do gods will for our lifes and are always so afraid to miss it? and when we try to make the right decision, we are almost convinced that we will get it wrong and that we will decide something excatly opposit to his divine will. and then god won't bless us anymore and it's our fault. we pray, read the bible and fast (sometimes) and try so hard to hear gods voice. and are still so afraid, that we for sure gonna mess it up....
which makes me wonder...what kind of god do we have?
do we have a heavenly father, who created us in his image and calls us by our names?
what about the sheep, who hear the voice of god?
what about the bibleverses, who talk about that we are led by peace?
what about the "i will never leave you nor forsake you"?
and isn't there somwhere written " i am for you, not against you"?
and to be clear, i'm not talking about obedience, i'm talking about people who want to be obedient, but almost don't dare to make steps anymore, because those steps could be wrong.
just some thoughts. amen.
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen, sister!
I needed to read this, but I'm sometimes still a person from the first part of your entry... I am afraid. I am afraid that I would be selfish or something and make a mistake of a lifetime.
Love you!
Amen! It's sooo true! Dat heb je geweldig gezegd :)
wise, wise Cecilia...But can you do it?!!
I say...go for it!!!
It's not really biblical to walk through life wondering if your next step is really within God's will. If it doesn't go against a more general revelation (Biblical morality, etc.) and you have no specific revelation, then you need not be questioning it. Usually we have doubts about any decision we make -- the Christian only happens to take those doubts out on God and turn them into a fear of divine retribution or something.
Post a Comment