Monday, May 01, 2006

last week

frankly, I do not really know what to blog, there is so much to say....so I decided to write down something about my last week. Here we go:

Monday:
mowing the lawn, sunbathing in our garden (and getting sunburnt), fixing dinner for 10 people and having smallgroup, which was cool and overwhelming at the same time (all those great people with their great dreams...)

Tuesday:
Hanging out in starbucks the whole afternoon, catching up with a good friend...telling her shelter-storys. She has a great way making people feel comfortable and welcomed, it helped me a lot fitting back in here where I am. We laughed a lot and I almost won the game we played...

Wednesday:
Running around in the city, trying to find some official papers my flatmate needed but didn't have time to get. Reading my dutch bible in the train, which I just love. In the afternoon helping move a friend, no wobbly shelf involved this time, but a great chinese dinner and a good and challenging chat (she told me, that I have to dream.... sounds somehow familiar)

Thursday:
Visiting my dutch friend and her 4 year old daughter and the 14 months old twins....really exciting and I was very tired after that. I haven't played Barbie for ages. And the twins are just cuuuuuute.

Friday:
Helping a good friend preparing her birthday party (60) moving around tables, having Raclette (that's great swiss food, lots of melted cheese involved). My back started hurting.

Saturday:
Party the whole day long...was cool, I falling completely in love with a five year old boy, eating fish, which was just catched, meeting people I haven't seen for a long time, almost won a game and my back kept on hurting...like crazy

Sunday:
pain...trying to get out of the bed and down the stairs, it took 10 minutes...calling a doctor, having a flatmate to get me some medication...being on drugs since then. Not able to do anything I like, just laying and standing and walking a few steps.

Monday:
hanging around...having a flatmate cleaning up the mess our cat made behind a couch, (being in pain has also some advantages) having a flatmate help me to put on my socks, watching TV while standing, walking a few steps and faithfully swalling my medications every 4 hours.

soooo, that's a quite long update...thanks for getting through it :-)
cya

6 comments:

justmeghs said...

poor cecilia! it started out as such a lovely posted and ended as a sad story.
hope you feel better
and i hope God plants some dreams in your heart
love you!

Nynke said...

I feel sorry for you and your back. Pain is never fun.
Cecilia, I would love to give you a call soon, would you please e-mail me your phone number?

plienen said...

Wowww dat bericht van 'I miss this and this' echt heel grappig!!
Maar niet ziek worden he!!
hmm.. veel beterschap!
veel liefs, pauline

plienen said...

nou ik bedoel niet grappig dat je dingen mist... maar je snapt t!!

Mijn shelter time is ook al voorbij!! Ben nu al 3 dagen thuis. Ik mis t ook wel, maar veel minder als ik gedacht had, misschien komt t nog wel. Maar ik ben heerlijk vakantie aan t houden, zitten in de zon dat soort dingen...

:)

hey ik zou graag je adres even willen hebben!! zou je die naar mn email willen sturen?? >> paulinedevet@hotmail.com

Elke said...

Hey lieve Cecilia,

Wat vervelend van je rug! Ik hoop echt dat het snel weer beter gaat! Ik mis je, kom gauw terug!

Liefs & zegen

Anonymous said...

Hi Cecilia!

al iets beter met je rug? nightman dus nou eindelijk tijd om blogs eens een keer te lezen...
ma we missen je! ik ga toch nog smallgroupleider worden.
he zegen en groetjes uit amsterdam!
liefs,
joost