Saturday, December 09, 2006

missing home

Today is my day "off", I do not have any plans for today, except from being at home, drinking tea, taking a long shower, and just "be". After a quite busy and intense week I was looking forward to it. I expected it to be dark and rainy day, like the whole week was, but the weather is beautiful and that makes me happy which is weird. I actually wanted to be a little down today, stay in bed and read or something like that. Not possible anymore with that bright sun shining.
I am missing home a lot in this season of the year. Christmas time is so different here as back home. I got a sms this morning from a friend, that there is finally snow in Switzerland, wich is just a part of the Christmas feeling.
My mom just send me a package with christmas decoration, our typical food we would eat at this time and a CD with Christmas music on it...oh, how I love it and how it makes me longing even more for home. I know exactly, how my parents home is decorated right now, and I have the taste of hot chocolate in my mouth. And I hear the Christmas music, which my mom loves and we would make fun of. But now, I wanna be there.
Never thought, I would miss tradition that much.

No comments: