So, yesterday I expierenced my first real dutch Sinterklaas. It was fun. Was quite hard to write a poem in dutch, but I succeeded (not perfect, but still, there was something on the paper). I got a book with typical dutch recepies, which is fun. And drop, which is challenging. And you have to sing: dankje Sinterklaasje en ook Pieter Baasje (or something like that).
Sitting there with a family made me miss my family in Liechtenstein. Sometimes I wish, the world could be very small, and all those people I love would live at one spot...so I would not miss anyone...but we are still here and not there yet. So I wait.
Something completely different. I like the wind. I really do. But sometimes you have to leave earlier, in order to be on time...and to work very hard on your way there. I mean, it is really hard work. Because of the wind. But I still love it. Wind gives me the feeling of freedom.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yep, the world is too small these days!!!
Ja, Sinterklaas is leuk! Wat cool dat je dat nu eens hebt meegemaakt! Is dat kookboek wat je hebt gekregen toevallig Engels/Nederlands? Die heb ik naar een Amerikaanse vriendin van me gestuurd. De meeste recepten zou ik zelf niet willen maken, haha! (maar dat komt ook een beetje omdat ik geen vlees eet)
oh, i was sad to miss sinterklaas this year :( but i'm eating pepernoten!
i remember cycling to the shelter when it was windy winter bitingly cold and i felt like i was going backwards and the hill of the bridge was almost insurmountable...
good luck getting to work on time :)
Post a Comment